What is mold?
Mold spores grow on old food or wet, moist areas. There are many types and colors of mould. Some types are relatively harmless, while others can leave people sick for days or even result in death. Mould spores can also cause people with breathing problems such as asthma to have attacks and difficulty breathing.
How it tastes
Mould tastes a lot like wet dirt. If you ever bite into a mouldy piece of fruit or bread, you’ll notice a dusty, dirty taste in your mouth.
If you have a piece of food with mould on it, even a little bit, you should immediately dispose of it. Usually the whole piece of food is breaking down, and there may be other mould patches on it which haven’t yet growth enough to be visible to the naked eye.